Friday, January 15, 2010

A Little Wife Swapping

Bowling Family Wanted for Wife Swap

I received this information yesterday and figured that I’d share it with the members of “My Bowling League.”

My name is Jeff Eggleston and I am a Casting Producer for ABC families hit reality show 'Wife Swap.' We are currently casting for our fifth season and we are looking for Bowling Families! (Ones that bowl together, or participate in competitive leagues, or families that own and/or operate a bowling ally)

The premise of Wife Swap is simple: for seven days, two wives from two different families with very different values exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it's like to live a different family's life. It's an interesting social experiment and a great way to see your family in a whole new light. It is shot as a documentary series, so NO scripts and no set. It's just one camera that is documenting your life.

Families that appear on the show will receive a financial honorarium of $20,000 for lost wages, time and commitment. And if you refer a family that appears on the show you would receive $1,000.

Here at 'Wife Swap' we look for a two-parent home with at least one child between the ages of 6 and 17 living at home full time.

If you are interested, please email me your contact information and tell me a little about your family and how the sport of bowling plays a roll in your lives. Or if you would like to refer a family, please email me their contact information and I will be in touch.

Thank you!

Jeff Eggleston

Casting Producer
RDF USA
100 6th Ave.3rd Floor, Suite 3 - 29
New York , NY 10013
tel: 646-747-7946

casting.jeff@gmail.com
http://www.rdfusa.com/shows.php
http://abc.go.com/primetime/wifeswap


Now as you can imagine, this got Ole Martin V a-thinking. Maybe we should do a little My Bowling League wife swapping of our own. I know for sure that there are at least a few of you wives who would be thrilled to unload your husband’s for a week; and it’s just possible that a few of you fella’s would kill for a chance to ditch your little beast of burden for even one day, let alone seven.

I pulled out the roster and started looking at some possible wife swaps that I could make, and I have to tell you, I’m having trouble getting the perfect match. Not to brag, but the problem isn’t with whom to place The King Pin; I mean for gods sakes I’m certain that any one of you chicks would be ecstatic to spend a week with me. The roadblock is the lovely Mrs. Lynch. Let’s face it; she’s no day at the beach. Now she may come across as being harmless, but remember I set this league up three years ago just to find her one friend, so that I wouldn’t have to spend as much time with her. And guess what? She still hasn’t found a friend, what’s that tell you?


The lovely Mrs. Lynch on day one of wife swap

I’ll tell you exactly what would happen; on day one you will think you died and went to heaven. You will quickly realize that Sue is a bright, beautiful, and hilariously funny lady, and you’ll be trying to figure out a way to make the switch permanent. However, by the end of day two, I absolutely guarantee, you’ll be begging the Lord to save you from this living hell.


The lovely Mrs. Lynch on day two of wife swap

Here are but a few of the things you will learn. You will have to get up at 5:30 to put her coffee on because she won’t let you set the coffee timer the night before, just in case there’s a power outage. After the kids are out the door you can then start working the chores off the four page list she has put together for you. You’re not allowed to have the remote control, and you can’t sit on the couch if she’s already on it because she won’t be able to lie down.


The lovely Mrs. Lynch watching Real Housewives of Somewhere

There’s not even the slightest chance she’ll pick a kid up or drop a kid off that will solely be your job. You have to answer every phone call and bring her the handset, or make up a believable excuse so she doesn’t have to take the call. When you take a shower, she will turn the kitchen faucet on and off because for some reason those two water lines are together and she knows it will ruin the only chance you have to relax.


Everyone in the house is subject to Sue’s freezing/burning shower treatment

She will send you to the grocery store for one thing that you probably won’t even need that day. Then, as you lie your head down and begin to doze off, she will sneak up behind you and scream your name directly in your ear. Your eyes will jump wide open, your body will lunge forward, your heart will skip beats, and you’ll be panting like a dog. The lovely Mrs. Lynch will smile and say; “oh I thought you were awake,” then she’ll chuckle and wait for you to start dozing again.


The lovely Mrs. Lynch gently waking Ole Martin V from his 3 second nap

So let me just say this fella’s, I’ll swap with any and all of you, any time, but just remember, in My Bowling League, there are no backs, no Indian giving, none of that bullshit, all sales are final boys.

Oh, and by the way, I’m pretty sure that by now we all know the deal; but I’ll remind you nonetheless. The lovely Mrs. Lynch is not on the distribution list and won’t know anything about this posting, and you’ll not breathe a word of it.


See you on the trading block,

Marty Lynch
The King Pin

To receive blog alerts email mybowlingleague@aol.com, and request to be added to the distribution list ...................and please join the crowd to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment