Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Celebrity Look a Likes Phase 3



Well, the meddler is back. Last week, the lovely Mrs. Lynch told me that it’s possible that some of the pictures I post and the captions I use might hurt people’s feelings. So before I get too far into this, I’d like to put that notion to rest by publishing a photo with a caption showing that I am more than capable of coming to the defense of any past or present member of My Bowling League.


This is NOT, I repeat, this is NOT Mike Brown
Serenading Neil Gavin

My beautiful bride of 21 years also said that I should just pick a man and a woman who look like somebody and make them the celebrity look-a-likes for My Bowling League, and be done with this weekly thing. So I’ll do exactly what the typical person saddled with an extremely high I.Q. would do, that being, precisely what she told me to do.

Unfortunately, since the meddler gave me those instructions, no one has really jumped out at me; but there are a couple of league members I feel are worth looking into. For example, it may be possible to make a case for both George Argie and Liz Rudibaugh being celebrity look-a-likes. I'm not saying that these are strong cases, but keep in mind; I can only work with what I got.

So, because I couldn’t come up with stronger resemblances elsewhere, these two will be the league's leading man and leading lady. Trust me, I'm not thrilled to make either of these two the "face" of the league, but in the end it could actually be an upgrade. After all, while George Argie doesn't strike anyone, and I mean anyone, as a genius, he’s nowhere near as dense as anyone from our neighboring dumb, fat and happy, ass-backwards St. Greg’s league; whom I should point out are lovely people, keeping in mind, most hillbillies are lovely, in a stupid sort of lazy way.


I'm just now realizing the enormity of George Argie's skull; or could it be that Andy Dick just has a good old fashioned peanut head ?

The obvious drawback with George is that he’s not quite as boisterous as Andy Dick, and for the thing to work he’s going to have to actually speak. I’m not worried about him having to say anything funny right away; we’ll take baby steps with him. I don’t want to make myself out to be a great acting coach, but I’m confident that by the end of the season I can get George to tell a pretty decent knock-knock joke.

As for Liz Rudibaugh, well, I never really cared for people who struggle to break 100, and then feel perfectly comfortable blaming the ball, or the lane, or the damn room temperature for their keggling ineptitude. Now, while she’s a bit of a sour puss, and a tad stand-offish, I can personally vouch for her being very, well let’s make that somewhat, well actually, she’s just marginally friendly.



Liz Rudibaugh and the ageless Jane Jetson both go through three cans of Aquanet hair spray every morning.

As you can see, the problem here is that Liz already looks older than Mrs. Jetson. And although she may be able to pull off this ruse for a year, perhaps two, after that, there won’t enough botox on the planet to keep her face as smooth as Jane Jetson’s.

Alright people, it’s time for me to go, I’m happy to report that I’ve made plenty of new friends this year. You can expect to hear from me again, if for no other reason, than to offer you Mensa members your weekly reminder to show up to bowl on the proper Sunday.

And by the way, I don’t care what the meddler says; she ain’t the boss of me and I ain’t afraid of her. So if I find more celebrity look-a-likes I’m blogging them. But keep in mind, I’ve removed the lovely Mrs. Lynch from the blog notification list, so if it’s all the same to you, let’s just keep this last paragraph between us.

With sugar plums dancing in my head,

Marty Lynch
The King Pin

To recieve blog alerts email mybowlingleague@aol.com, and request to be added to the distribution list ...................and please join the crowd to follow!




1 comment:

  1. so... mistah lynch... I found one for you... Adam Baldwin. you have the same lopsided grin... heres a picture:

    http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Adam-Baldwin1_0.jpg

    ReplyDelete