Sunday, March 7, 2010

February 28, 2010 Recap

For those of you who didn’t get a chance to get a good look at the new haircut the lovely Mrs. Lynch surprised me with, here’s the lid I’m walking around with these days.


I told Sue she gave me a shitty haircut. She told me the haircut was fine, I just need to touch up the grey………then she said; oh by the way, now we’re even.

There really is no good way to say this, so screw it, here goes. For the third straight year, “The Spare Me’s” are bowling in the My Bowling League Championship game; but that’s not the bad part. The bad part is the fact that Dick Dongo and “Team Hate” are also playing for this year’s title. It didn’t take me long to realize that no one wants either of these two teams to be crowned the champions, so here is the alternate plan we are going to utilize this year. I’m sure most of you folks are familiar with it because we talked about it last season. This year we are going with the Obama plan.

Very simply put, whoever wins the contest will immediately give their championship title to the team that comes in last place; which this year will be either “No Spare Time” or coincidentally, my squad, “Minds in the Gutter.”


I can’t get the winner on the cover of the Wheaties box, but Campbell’s did agree to name a soup after Dick Dongo if his team prevails. (Actually, they said they’d do it even it his team loses)

When I realized that this week’s My Bowling League Queen was none other than Highland Hts. Mayor Scott Coleman, I gotta tell you; I was kind of embarrassed for the guy. Now, the fact that he was 19 pins under his average doesn’t embarrass me; furthermore, the fact that his team, “The Eliminators” could have been playing for the championship had he not choked, doesn’t embarrass me either. What concerns me is that after his horrendous performance, My Bowling League may now have the weakest kneed Mayor in the history of Freeway Lanes.


Considering Cleveland Hts. Mayor Ed Kelley (left) sports a Lady Bug like 102 average, and former East Cleveland Mayor Eric Brewer (right) sport Lady Bug like lingerie, you’d think we’d be proud of Coleman.

By the way, Coleman wasn’t the only person to piss himself last week. Tom Rudibaugh, with the 4th highest average in the league was batting clean-up for “Gutter Done,” and merely needed a mark plus 2 in the tenth to keep his teams hopes alive. After leaving the head pin with his first ball, Tom stepped back to calm himself. That’s when I noticed a very Curt Shilling like scene. Just as Shilling came to the mound in the World Series with his blood stained sock, similarly, Rudibaugh took to the hard wood with shit pouring down onto his tri-colored shoes and ankle high socks. Then, not eight feet down the lane after releasing his second ball, like a magnet, Rudibaugh’s $160 Brunswick was sucked directly into the gutter; game over.

Contrary to the rumor circulating at the lanes last week, we are not renaming The Lady Bug List, “The TJ Sell, Dave Miller, and Patrick Getty List;” but we probably should, but we’re not.

After posting a 212 in game one, Kathleen Getty cruised to this week’s My Bowling League King award. Her 22 pins over average were just a tad better than Mimi Millers 17 above average.


Once again, Kathleen Getty happily straps on the sausage.

It won’t be official until after next week, but it’s a pretty safe bet that either Dawn Rossi or Ann Marie Mills will win the “I Suck More Than Anyone Else in the Entire League” award.

See you at Freeway Lanes on Sunday March 14, 2010 for our final week of bowling for My Bowling League, Season Three.

Short and Sweet,

Marty Lynch
The King Pin


To receive blog alerts email mybowlingleague@aol.com, and request to be added to the distribution list ...................and please join the crowd to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment