Monday, February 22, 2010

A Minor Correction

It appears that the lovely Mrs. Lynch has lost her sense of humor. In the February 19th blog, the picture I used of her after an exhausting night of bowling did not go over well. Unfortunately she saw it right before we left for the Cooperstown Fundraiser at Casa di Borally last Saturday night. The first thing Sue does when she’s mad is to pull out the old silent treatment. Now, is it just me, or do all men look forward to the silent treatment? It’s like the most peaceful time of my life, shit if they could bottle it, I’d use it every day.

Anyhow, after a nice quiet ride to the banquet, Sue immediately bumps into Sherry Tighe and the whole blog thing comes up. This did not go well for me either. After Sue bends Sherry’s ear about what a dick head I am, and promising that I’ve seen the last of the ole snatchola, Sherry volunteers that she’s quite happy with the photo I used for her. In fact, she said it made her look and feel young and vibrant, and put her in a great mood. Now in Sue’s girl brain that obviously means I must want to screw Lady Tighe, otherwise I would have found a fat, hairy, ugly picture for her as well.

I’m not sure why that old saying, “when you’re in a hole stop digging,” didn’t pop into my head, but I sure wish it had. But no, I decide that I’m a pretty smooth talker and that this was a simple misunderstanding that I could clear up in no time flat. So what did I come up with? I told Sue that I found that picture a while ago and was gonna use it on Mike Brown, but she told me to lay off the fat jokes with him. Then I told her I was gonna use it on Carla Bondra but couldn’t come up with anything; and, since it was such a good picture I hated to waste it. Everything went perfect, Sue seemed to calm down, she even put a little grin on her face; that was at 8:30 that night. I didn’t realize it then, but it turns out, at approximately 8:31, she got in the car and left.

So, in an effort to ensure I don’t go blind, I’d like to offer this editorial correction and updated picture of the lovely Mrs. Lynch.


I think exhausted is the best way to describe how Sue felt after a long night of bowling.


Marty Lynch
The King Pin

To receive blog alerts email mybowlingleague@aol.com, and request to be added to the distribution list ...................and please join the crowd to follow!

1 comment:

  1. It is just you. The silent treatment in my house does not equate to a peaceful night. It feels more like the eye of the hurricane. Things are quiet now, but you know that sooner or later, shit is gonna start flying around and property damage is likely.

    ReplyDelete