Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Cleveland Brown’s rule the Turkey Bowl

No you idiot, not those Cleveland Browns, I’m talking about the tandem of Mike Brown Sr. and his son Mike Brown Jr. The young Brown proved to be unstoppable for the kid’s team as he rolled up 21 receptions for 337 yards and five TD’s to help the youngster’s build an early lead. That lead was due in large part to that fact that Terry Wise was intercepted 18 times in his first 19 passing attempts. Oddly enough, Terry blamed the interceptions on the intended receiver each and every time. Immediately following the replacement of Wise at QB, the adult’s mounted their comeback.


Chip Tighe spent the day putting enormous pressure on the playoff tested Mayfield High School senior quarterback, Lee Longo (whom I should point out is no relation to our very own Dick Dongo). I’m no Sigmund Freud, but I’m guessing that Dr. Tighe wanted to make sure that Lee, who is dating one of the “nameless” Tighe children, was well aware that Chip still had the ability to relentlessly hunt him down should he ever mistreat his daughter; and he clearly proved his point.

Chip's nephew Danny Tighe, a senior at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio used to be a serious threat when he played on the kids team. Back then he was a lightning quick, strapping 6'2" 180 pound game breaker who needed to be defended by 3 adults simultaneously. Now just 4 years later, and perhaps 40,000 Natty Lites later, he no longer instills fear in anyone. Somehow he transformed that body into a 5'7", 260 pound pile of slow moving jelly. The only thing he successfully did on Thursday was shit his pants as he tried to release a series of taco farts.


Danny Tighe probably didn't plan it,but it's
probably not the first time it's happened either

The adults inched their way back into a 7-7 tie (one point for each touchdown) and that’s when Mike Brown Sr. took control. On three consecutive defensive series, big Mike Brown intercepted the young high school QB. While those three interceptions somehow resulted in -9 return yards, they nonetheless provided the old folks with great field position and a chance to put points on the board. That’s exactly what they did as they bested da yute’s 10-7. After the game, Longo, who had not been intercepted in his previous 24 high school football games, was asked to describe what lead to the uncharacteristic interceptions. 'It’s hard to explain because I’ve never experienced anything like this. When Mr. Brown got within 10 yards of me it was like I was looking at an eclipse, he took up 6 passing lanes, and I simply couldn’t see anything else.'

Brian Kane, Mike Richuisa,
Mike "The Eclipse" Brown, and Andrew Ryzner

My son Tom, who was playing his first year with the adult’s, proved to be anything but a chip off the old block as he dropped every single pass thrown to him. His high school classmate, and "rock solid" D student at Ohio University, Danny Callam wasn’t much better defensively as he somehow dropped two balls that would have easily been returned for touchdowns. To his credit, after the game Callam said 'I guess I just choked; when I saw the ball coming my way I felt my butthole start twitching and it threw my concentration off. What else can I say; I’m not going to blame people for my mistakes like that Terry Wise guy does.'
Perhaps Tom & Danny should stick to sports
more suited to their abilities

I suppose I should say that in hindsight, Greg Cira was right trying to keep us off the field. It turned out with all the rain we had the field didn’t hold up as well as we thought. However, I am confident that it will be back in tip-top shape for next year’s Turkey Bowl.

Looks like every now and then Greg Cira is right

All it needs is a little love and care


See You at next years Turkey Bowl.
Marty Lynch
The King Pin
To recieve blog alerts email mybowlingleague@aol.com, and request to be added to the distribution list ...................and please join the crowd to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment